Friday, July 29, 2011

Start Your Handmade Business


Getting Started

Now you've decided to start his own business handbag handmade ... great! and congratulations on the first step in becoming entrepreneuer. Now decide if you want to do this for a hobby or for profit. I would go with the latter. :) You need to decide on a name that is unique, and describes the type of bags you will create.

The name of my business was Sew Impressive Designs (unique and affordable handmade handbags). Then you register the name (not her real name of business), then get a business license, sales permits, the domain name (if you plan to sell on the Internet) website, a business checking account (DBA name of business), business cards and a lot of free time, because being a business owner, a very long time. You literally work 24 / 7, however, the pride of being entrepreneuer, creation, marketing, and sharing their goods for a profit is very useful.




Select a source for your fabric

It is interesting and can be as much fun as a kid in a candy factory Willy Wonka or can be as overwhelming as trying to find a needle in a haystack. If your clients provide their own fabric, make your choice of fabric from a strong, vibrant, unique, not stainable tissue. You better go into the outlet discount fabric, where you'll have tons of fabric choices at affordable prices. Also, do not go overboard when buying fabric. If you're not going to use it immediately, do not buy it, or you soon will be a huge inventory of fabric and notions that will catch up with every empty space in your house before you can say, "Avalanche."



Sewing Machines

When choosing a sewing machine, my advice is to go with the affordable machine-duty, because you'll be sewing large volumes of (hopefully) bags. I used a Singer, White, Esante (embroidery), and Husvarnia. I would also suggest the purchase of industrial machine, if you can afford it, because you get so much more stitches per minute, which will save you much time.




I have to hire a Producer?

When I was in the ownership of my handmade handbag business, I also worked full time and found it very hard to keep up with demand for my handbags. So I hired a producer, that was a big mistake. I had to rip most of the bags apart and repeat them, because they have not received my "care and quality" seal of approval. So I chose to create and sewing each bag myself, because I knew I would put care into every stitch, and produce a quality product. So, if you want something done right, do it yourself. Remember your name, image, and business is on the line here, so you have to do it yourself, and do it right the first time. Happy Sewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More